oldfatslow

Tu tene eum procul; Ego curram ob auxilium!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

End of Year


The season is completely over.  Our final big boy hunt
matched us up with our good friend Duckmanjr.  He 
helped put us on the ducks.  Jim tore up with his first
widgeon and one more limit.  Dave and I didn't score
quite as well.  

The next Saturday, Dave took Tommy on the Youth
Waterfowl Hunt.  Tommy hasn't gotten many opportunities
to hunt this year, but he got a couple nice blue wings and
extended his unblanked record of Youth Hunts.

Yesterday, Dave and I went to the WMA for a snipe
hunt.  Vision, reflexes, and shooting ability deserted
me one more time and I managed only one snipe.  
Dave got five.  I don't know how many miles of
mud we slogged, but my legs were noodled by
the time we called it quits.

The season was an excellent one for us:  83 ducks and
25 snipe.  I can't wait until next year.

ofs

Final Ducks

Jim's First Widgeon and Two of His Other Five Ducks


Pensive at the Picking Table

Youth Hunt 2013

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home